Wednesday, January 08, 2014

New York, Here I Come. In a few hours.

Playing right now: Cecil Taylor Ensemble - Always a Pleasure

The cold isn't getting me down. It better not keep my plane down, either. The test I had to take at work happened yesterday, so I'll be leaving the building at 1:00 today, which leaves plenty of time to get ready for the trip to the airport. No more brain crippled with anxiety. My folks called last night too, saying that they'd take me to the airport. So far things are going smoothly. Now I just need to make sure that I know where to go for Jazz Connect tomorrow morning, meaning getting to the Hilton in Manhattan on time. I hope typing this doesn't jinx it.

If anyone reading this is going to be at the Jazz Connect Conference or any of the shows that are part of Winter Jazzfest in NY, drop me a line. I'll be around. Although tonight I won't get into town until around 7:30 (God willing and the plane don't stall), and I'll be hanging around with sisters Claire and Heather in Williamsburg instead of looking for music.

I should really do some packing.


No comments: